Kepley’s Barbecue began in June 1948 when Hayden Kepley purchased a WWII army
quonset hut and began selling barbecue in High Point NC. Bob Burleson also came to High Point that year, and at age 16 started working for Mr. Kepley as a curb boy. In 1962 Mr. Kepley decided to retire and sold Kepley’s Barbecue to his son-in-law Charlie Johnson and Bob Burleson. They operated Kepley’s BBQ and also Kepley’s Barn (located on hwy 68 until it burnt in 2001) which hosted private parties.
Currently Kepley’s Barbecue is owned by Bob Burleson and his daughter Susan Burleson and remains at the same location, 1304 N. Main Street High Point, NC.